~Photo Highlights Slideshow~

Photo credits for professional photos: Limelight Studio (http://www.limelightstudiophotography.com/); Kimberly Smoot Photography (http://www.kimberlysmoot.com/); Reflectons, Etc. (http://www.reflections-etc.com/)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Princess Bella's Dance Recital, Nursing Home


I was so proud to see my princess Bella on stage for her dance recital this weekend! The recital was held at the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts, and there was a full house! Bella performed in two dances--the first one was to a Hannah Montana song--they really rocked it!--and in the second dance, they wore cute racing outfits and hats.
All the dancers took a group photo after the recital, and when Bella saw me in the audience, she had the biggest smile on her face and it melted my heart to see how excited she was that I was there! It was definitely fun to see Bella doing something she loves, and she did a great job! Her mom told me that she has been asked to join a competition team!











On another subject, the bottom line of my personal platform is using your talents to serve others. I have been a pianist for almost 15 years now! I also love singing, and I played cello for 8 years. Since I am musically-inclined, music has been my means of serving others. I have performed two solo benefit piano recitals to raise money for St. Jude Children's Hospital and Children's Miracle Network. When I was in NYC, I also performed for patients of the psychiatric ward of New York Presbyterian Hospital, and it was really a blessing to see how people were moved and appreciated the music.
Performing for and visiting with the residents at local nursing homes and Westminster Village, a retirement community here in Bloomington, is something I've done for years. I really have a heart to spend time with the elderly, share my gift of music with them, and help to brighten their day. During my most recent visit, I was able to see a long-time neighbor, Dora Wilson, (pictured)who is in her late nineties now. It is so important to remember the elderly and reach out to them--and anyone who could benefit from our time and talents. I encourage you to think of ways to reach out to people this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment