~Photo Highlights Slideshow~

Photo credits for professional photos: Limelight Studio (http://www.limelightstudiophotography.com/); Kimberly Smoot Photography (http://www.kimberlysmoot.com/); Reflectons, Etc. (http://www.reflections-etc.com/)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chopsticks, AG Fashion Show, and other updates..


Today was the last day of the CMN fundraiser I did with Panda Express, so I made an appearance there this evening. It was fun to see people using the flyers and talk with the Panda workers--they were so friendly and we took some pictures together. I also met a sweet little girl and her mother, pictured above. She asked me how to do 'the princess wave,' so we practiced that together! Thanks to everyone who participated!



I had a blast last Saturday emceeing the American Girl Fashion Show in Springfield. It was a huge success! The models took the runway, dressed up like their dolls, as information was read about the different historical time periods and the lives of the American Girls. Several 'miracle kids' who have been treated at St. John's Children's Hospital were in the show, which was so inspiring! They all did a fabulous job! I thought the ballroom was decorated adorably, the food was delicious, and we received great service from the Abraham Lincoln Hotel hotel staff.

I got to talk with some of the girls before and after the show and during the intermission. Lots of them were so excited to take pictures with me, and I signed some autographs as well! During part of the show, I enjoyed talking with a little girl named Olivia who came with her grandmother. I sat next to her at our table for part of the show. I gave out photo cards with my contact info to many of the girls and was happy to get an email from one of the girls I met this week. What a fun event for a GREAT organization!


One more announcement: Pam Cather of Reflections, etc photography has entered one of the photos she took of me at the piano into a photography competition! If you'd like to vote, here is the link: http://www.ppmag.com/cover-contest-2010/vote/12044/

No comments:

Post a Comment